If you would like a PDF copy of the presentation slides used in this webinar, please click here.
In this webinar, an expert panel from Russell Kennedy’s Dispute Resolution team, comprised of Suzanne Rieschieck, Principal, Walter MacCallum, Principal, Nahum Ayliffe, Special Counsel and Joe Denina, Associate provided an overview of key strategies for managing debtors and receiving payment from your customers, particularly during times of uncertainty.
The topics covered included:
- An overview of existing tools available for credit management both legal and non-legal;
- Updates on relevant legislative amendments affecting creditors during the pandemic;
- Tips on avoiding clawbacks by liquidators or bankruptcy trustees, and an overview of remedies available to insolvency practitioners as relevant to creditors;
- Strategies which have proven successful in obtaining recoveries from corporate and individual debtors; and
- An overview of common security provisions – equitable charges over real property and enforcement measures pursuant to the Personal Property Securities Act.
How we can help
For more information on anything covered in this webinar please contact Suzanne Rieschieck, Walter MacCallum, Nahum Ayliffe, and Joe Denina, or a member of Russell Kennedy’s Dispute Resolution team.