Click here to download a PDF copy of the presentation slides.
From 1 April 2021, residential aged care providers will have a new statutory reporting regime for “serious incidents”, which go far beyond the current requirements in relation to “reportable assaults”. The new Scheme is being implemented nationally to manage, prevent and taking appropriate actions, if and when an incident may occur.
This free webinar covers the key information aged care providers need to be aware of now, ahead of the looming 1 April deadline to ensure they are legally compliant with the new Scheme. This session seeks to equip aged care providers with the knowledge and practical tips to implement the system effectively in line with Government directives.
The topics covered in the session include:
- An overview of the Serious Incident Response Scheme
- Definitions of “serious incident” for mandatory reporting
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Practical tips on implementing the incident management system
- Concepts of Preventive and Reactive risk management
- Concept of Root Cause Analysis in incident investigation
- Protecting confidentiality through legal professional privilege
This webinar was presented by Pride Living’s Quality & Clinical Governance Partner Katrina Ong and Russell Kennedy Aged Care Principal Anita Courtney. Victor Harcourt, head of Russell Kennedy’s aged care team facilitated the session.
How we can help
For more information on anything covered in this webinar please contact Victor Harcourt, 03 9609 1693, and Anita Courtney, 03 8602 7211, of our Aged Care team.