About the firm
Russell Kennedy Aitken Lawyers is a commercial law firm with over 270 people in Melbourne and Sydney.
We are committed to providing exceptional legal strategies and solutions to our clients, guided by market-leading expertise across our sectors of focus.
We are very proud of our culture and we work hard to recruit like-minded professionals who will suit the needs and expectations of our clients and our collegiate atmosphere.
We encourage a professional and committed work ethic, while recognising the importance of an enjoyable working environment and balanced lifestyle.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Office Services Clerk to join the Shared Services team in Sydney.
Role and Key Responsibilities
- Data entry and file closure/file retrieval and liaison with file storage providers;
- Assistance to lawyers in preparation of court documents, including photocopying, collating and paginating documents;
- Maintaining the kitchen (loading the dishwasher each day, cleaning kitchen etc.) and ordering kitchen supplies;
- Filing documents in Registries and general errands;
- Assistance to reception including relief reception, organising coffee and tea etc. for clients;
- General office duties assigned to you from time to time;
- Assisting in transcribing (typing) of digital dictation, typing letters, memorandums, emails and other correspondence;
- Assisting accounts as required (mostly filing and setting up folders but could involve some data entry work);
- Safe Custody;
- Client liaison;
- Bill preparation and amendments and processing of client accounts, trust to office transfers, statement of accounts etc.;
- Overflow duties for the secretaries employed and assistance to the practice manager as required; and
- Any other reasonable duty as directed by the Employer.
Skills / Knowledge
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and work demands.
- Attention to detail.
- IT literacy.
Russell Kennedy Aitken Lawyers promotes a workplace culture that actively embraces and fosters diversity and inclusion. Our aim is to support a culture where individuals of all backgrounds and abilities feel included and confident in bringing their whole selves to work, and where their talents are fostered, empowering them to contribute to the success of the firm. Russell Kennedy Aitken is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is certified as a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
Russell Kennedy Aitken Lawyers is committed to attracting the best talent available and is open to discussing flexible work arrangements and workplace adjustments for all of our listed vacancies.
Any questions regarding the vacancy can be directed to Sarah McShane, People & Operations on (02) 8987 0000 or email@example.com
For further information or to submit your application for this position please visit the careers page on our website. If you require assistance applying for this role, please contact us on the above details.
Please note any offer of employment made by Russell Kennedy Aitken to the successful candidate will be subject to a police check.