About the firm
Russell Kennedy is a commercial law firm with over 270 people in Melbourne and Sydney.
We are committed to providing exceptional legal strategies and solutions to our clients, guided by market-leading expertise across our sectors of focus.
We are very proud of our culture and we work hard to recruit like-minded professionals who will suit the needs and expectations of our clients and our collegiate atmosphere.
We encourage a professional and committed work ethic, while recognising the importance of an enjoyable working environment and balanced lifestyle.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Property & Development team in our Sydney office.
Role and Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Opening and closing files;
- Running conveyancing files (vacant lots and built form lots) from instruction through to settlement;
- Preparing conveyancing documentation - including applying for the necessary property certificates; obtaining title searches; preparing contracts; arranging for deposit monies to be released; preparing transfers and statutory declarations; drafting and preparing statement of adjustments and settlement statements; drafting a preparing client authorisations to conduct a transaction electronically, checking documents once returned ie. transfer of land, statutory declarations etc;
- Off the Plan sales from negotiation of contract to settlement dealing directly with developer clients and including regular updates via status reports to the developer;
- Arranging and attending (if applicable) settlements, including banking either by paper transaction or by way of electronic settlement through PEXA or other appropriate platform:
- Arranging for stamping and lodging settlement documents:
- Preparing subdivision documentation for lodging:
- Liaising with clients, client surveyors other party’s solicitors, banks and the Land Registry Services:
- Keeping regular status checks of various plans of subdivision:
- Drafting correspondence: and,
- Responding to client queries.
Skills / Knowledge
To be successful in this role you will have at least 2 years conveyancing experience (subdivisional work would be an asset) and have managed high volumes of active files in a client centred organisation. You will have polished word processing and computer skills and have a high attention to detail. It is also essential that you have a professional telephone manner and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Russell Kennedy promotes a workplace culture that actively embraces and fosters diversity and inclusion. Our aim is to support a culture where individuals of all backgrounds and abilities feel included and confident in bringing their whole selves to work, and where their talents are fostered, empowering them to contribute to the success of the firm. Russell Kennedy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is certified as a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
Russell Kennedy is committed to attracting the best talent available and is open to discussing flexible work arrangements for all of our listed vacancies.
Any questions regarding the vacancy can be directed to Victoria Strachan, People & Culture Officer on (03) 9609 1565.
For further information or to submit your application for this position please visit the careers page on our website.
Please note any offer of employment made by Russell Kennedy Lawyers to the successful candidate will be subject to a police check.