About the firm
Aitken Lawyers has merged with Melbourne based law firm, Russell Kennedy Lawyers.
Russell Kennedy Lawyers / Aitken Lawyers is a commercial law firm with more than 270 people in Melbourne and Sydney. At Russell Kennedy Lawyers / Aitken Lawyers, we are committed to providing exceptional legal strategies and solutions to our clients, guided by market-leading expertise across our key sectors of focus.
We are very proud of our culture and we work hard to recruit like-minded professionals who will suit the needs and expectations of our clients and our collegiate atmosphere.
We encourage a professional and committed work ethic, while recognising the importance of an enjoyable working environment and balanced lifestyle.
Russell Kennedy Lawyers / Aitken Lawyers promotes a workplace culture that actively embraces and fosters diversity and inclusion. Our aim is to support a culture where individuals of all backgrounds and abilities feel included and confident in bringing their whole selves to work, and where their talents are fostered, empowering them to contribute to the success of the firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for / key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Advising on business acquisitions, mergers and due diligence processes;
- Advising on business structures including the creation of companies, trusts, joint ventures, not-for-profit organisations and charitable foundations;
- Advising on commercial and corporations law, corporate governance issues and regulatory compliance, including governance processes and constitution reforms;
- Competition and consumer law advice;
- Advising in relation to intellectual property including registration and licensing of trademarks and the protection of confidential information;
- Preparing and negotiating shareholder and joint venture agreements for a range of corporate and not-for-profit organisations;
- Liaising with clients;
- Management of own files; and
- Supervision and mentoring of less experienced staff.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have at least 4 years post admission experience in a corporate, exposure to retirement village and aged care work is desirable.
Russell Kennedy promotes a workplace culture that actively embraces and fosters diversity and inclusion. Our aim is to support a culture where individuals of all backgrounds and abilities feel included and confident in bringing their whole selves to work, and where their talents are fostered, empowering them to contribute to the success of the firm. Russell Kennedy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is certified as a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
Russell Kennedy is committed to attracting the best talent available and is open to discussing flexible work arrangements for all of our listed vacancies.
Any questions regarding the vacancy can be directed to Leanda Nissen, People & Culture Manager on (03) 9609 1523.
For further information or to submit your application for this position please visit the careers page on our website.
Please note any offer of employment made by Russell Kennedy Lawyers to the successful candidate will be subject to a police check.
We are currently accepting applications from direct applicants only. No agency referrals will be accepted at this stage.